Unboxing & Tackling the Tone it Up Bikini Series 2017
I did it. After months of researching their workouts, reading their books and skimming the hashtags on Instagram - I joined the TIU Team. I am officially a Tone it Up girl and am a few days into the 2017 Tone it Up Bikini Series. I love everything that came in the Bikini Seiries bundle.
I am a little worried about starting an 8 week program while in the midst of one of the busiest times in my life. I still work 9 hours a day outside of the house, plus I am freelancing and blogging, am traveling like crazy, I'm back in school, training for a marathon and am in the midst of some other (personal) really big things.
Do I really have the time to do two workouts a day? I did manage 1 hour of OrangeTheory a day for weeks at a time - so I know I at least have that in me. But how will this work with marathon training? Will this meal plan work with my soy allergies and my inclination towards very few carbs? I have a lot of questions.
So far I know this:
- I enjoy the workouts at home but they are way more beneficial if I do them at the gym with heavy weights
- The meal plan has way too many carbs and sugar - I will need to adjust according to my own macros
- I'm sticking with Vega as my source of protein for now
- I can't cook chicken on Sunday and reheat it all week long. That is disgusting. "Meal prep" is not for me in that regard. (UPDATED TO ADD: I have now gone vegan so meal prep consists of lots of vegetable chopping.)
- I come home from work so emotionally and physically exhausted and defeated that my workouts have to take place before work - between 4:00 - 5:30 AM. Occasionally, getting out of bed that early can be a challenge. I just need to power through.
It's not going to be easy. But I am willing to give the Tone it Up Bikini Series a try because the Tone it Up community is pretty great.
Stick around for updates.